The Sewing Club
Draping is a technique in which you make patterns by pinning the fabric onto the mannequin. You design and drape directly on the mannequin, so you immediately see the result.
During this course you will master the basic techniques of draping. In this course we create skirts, tops, sleeves and collars.
We start by preparing the mannequin and fabric. Then we will pin the fabric step by step and work out the final pattern pieces. A practical way to develop patterns.
Are you up to the challenge?
What are you learning?
- You learn to prepare the fabric for draping.
- You learn to drape different skirt shapes.
- You learn to drape different top shapes.
- You learn to drape different sleeve shapes.
- You learn to drape different collar shapes.
- You learn to convert the fabric into patterns.
Who is this course for?
You do not need any sewing and/or pattern knowledge for this course. The course is suitable for anyone who wants to work with material in a playful way. The price includes all materials and the use of a mannequin.
You can follow this course in both Dutch and English.